Lady Sybil H was built in 1931 by Harland & Wolff Ltd. Belfast as an RAF
Registered Number: 169542 Port of Registry: Cardiff
She was discharged from service in 1946 and professionally converted to a
private motor-yacht for Edwin Hinds. After some years in Cardiff Bay the
current owners grandfather bought the boat in 1955 and moved her on to the
non-tidal River Severn. For many years Lady Sybil H was moored at the 'Blue
Flag' Severn Motor Yacht Club from where the family spent many happy summer
holidays sailing to Ilfracombe, Saundersfoot and along the Cornish Coast.
Lady Sybil H has now been laid-up afloat for a good number of years although
dry-docked occasionally to inspect the under-water hull.
In the 1970's a 6 cylinder 90hp Leyland Diesel was installed whilst
retaining the original generator engine.
Double diagonal teak hull on composite iron and oak frames. Oak centre-line
and bronze rudder skeg. Original riveted Admiralty superstructure and teak
framed aft cabin.
Six berths in three cabins with spacious deck saloon and galley. Separate
wheelhouse, two heads compartments and large engine room.
Classic Yacht Brokerage have known Lady Sybil H for over thirty years,
during that time she has passed through three generations of the same family
and has practically remained unchanged. This is a remarkably original and
historically important vessel which should be restored and preserved for
Contact us for more details, photographs or an appointment to view - click here.